+ Can we start tomorrow?
We are usually booked six to eight weeks in advance.
+ Where are you based?
Launch Light HQ is located in Atlanta, Georgia.
+ Do you take international and out-of-state clients?
Yes! That’s most of our clientele, actually. In most cases, they either:
A) Send us their product for a remote shoot
B) Visit Atlanta themselves.
C) Fly one of us out to them.
+ Which option makes for the best video?
In general we like working in our home city. We have all of our resources here and it saves both of us travel costs. However, we’ve done plenty of projects on-location in Canada and along the West Coast.
+ What’s your process?
- Introductions: After you fill out our survey, we schedule a Skype call to answer any questions and determine if we’re a good fit. If we decide to move forward, we’ll ask you to send us all the relevant info we need for the video - docs related to your branding, messaging, competitors, etc.
- Proposal: We then draft up a proposal for you to sign that outlines the budget, timeline, and scope of work. We’re now officially in production and the first invoice is sent.
- Concept Design: Based on what we’ve discussed, we’ll come up with a concept for your video that will best deliver your message.
- Scriptwriting: Once the concept is approved, our writers will turn the outline into a proper script.
- Pre-Production: Meanwhile, we’ll begin planning the shoot - booking actors, crew, locations, and scheduling our shooting days.
- Production: On shooting days, you’re welcome to come along on set or review dailies at the end of each day.
- Post-Production: We edit all the footage into a complete draft for review. Music, voice over talent, and visual effects are also added in at this stage.
- Delivery: Once you’re completely happy with the edit, we send you the file in whatever format you need.
- Post-Launch Support: Using viewer analytics data, we can make additional edits to the video to better engage your backers.
In-between each stage are numerous re-writes/re-shoots/and re-edits as needed.
+ How long does it take to make a video?
Startups often run on insane timelines - we’ve made videos over the course of 3 months and we’ve completed an entire project in one night. Both exceeded their funding goals. Ultimately, it depends on the scope of work.
Most of our projects take on average 6-8 weeks from initial e-mail to final delivery. Four weeks is the absolute minimum.
+ How much does a video cost?
On average, our videos cost between $6,500 - $8,500 USD. The exact amount varies based on the scope of work and deliverables.
- Video Production: this includes everything in our process, from scriptwriting to shooting to post-production of your video.
- Production Expenses: things like hiring actors, booking locations, buying music, etc. We just charge these to you at cost with no markups. An estimate of the cost is included as part of your budget.
- Supplementary Videos: we can also make Facebook ads, trailers, instructionals, etc.
+ What does it NOT include?
We are strictly a video production team, so services we don’t offer include:
However, we do have partners we regularly work with in each category we’d be happy to refer you to.
+ Where do you find your music? How much does it cost?
My preferred service is Art List.
Any song from there is free thanks to our membership and isn’t considered an expense. Other paid options are Premium Beat and Music Bed.
Songs range from $49 each to +$200.